Whateverr Lah..

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Topic-less

MUSIC
Left my CD collection at my Grandma's house since the third time I moved house. By the way, I've moved 5 times since I was born till now. If you realise, I'm only 21, VERY young (yes, VERY, I don't care). Moving house must have taken up like, half my lifetime. (NO WONDER my results like that lah! No time to study lah. *relieved, successfully found my 82647th excuse for getting #%$@ results*) AND, the 3rd to 5th times I moved were in the recent.. 3 years?

Ya, so really, it was very smart of me to have decided to leave my CDs at my Grandma's, don't you think so? *satisfied*

Decided to retrieve them just now. My preciousS. I think it's quite sad that we don't bother to buy CDs nowadays because mp3s are so readily available online. I mean, what's the point of spending money on them when you can get music just-like-that right? Still, I've decided that I like to own CDs. Because they are there, always. Mp3s can't even be seen. They're so, I don't know.. intangible? Aiya, to put it simply, I like things that are long-lasting and down-to-earth.

TADA.................................!!!


THE BOYBANDS

Who could have survived without the boybands, you tell me? Every little girl loves boybands. I've actually got more of these but I'm lazy to go dig for them.
My all-time-favourite: Backstreet Boys' "I'll Never Break Your Heart" Super in love with the beginning where one of them said, "Baby, I know you're hurting, right now you feel like you can never love again.. But all I ask, is for a chance, to prove, that I love you.." *melts*

THE SAPPY LOVE SONGS
Sappy so what? I LIKE LEH. Listening to them is good training for achieving Sinking-into-depression-right-there-and-then-ability. And if you bother to remember, that is what I've been trying to master recently: Tear in 3 minutes, or more commonly known as, 三分钟掉泪.
THE DISNEY CLASSICS I love these, because I love the cartoons! Got them in China when I was around, 16?. When I saw one of them in the shop, I immediately went searching for the others. I just realised I missed Volume 1! I've only got 2-5 here. *sad*

THE SOOTHINGS Good when you don't feel like having lyrics (except for some tracks in Paint the Sky With Stars). Passion Fruit, one of the "Hot Latin rhythms with an Exotic Adean flair" in CAYAMBE was what I bought this CD for. Think this CD was made by this group of buskers whom I met outside Universal Studios. Too long ago, can't really recall already.

THE YANDAO I got this because I liked his.. *distracted, lost in his eyes* OH YA, "Maria"! And maybe, the CD cover.

No lah! Am I that shallow?! Besides, Hanxiang doesn't really fancy ang mohs. Asians better, especially Thais! Some Indians also not bad, like.. SHARUKAN! Oh man! Japanese 我不喜欢. Taiwanese too gu niang. Chinese not bad, especially those in more rural areas, but so unreachable. *sighs* Malays cannot, because I can never give up some pork dishes.

Ok, where were we?


THE ANG MOH BABES

I like their voices. Can really hear them sing. I like the lyrics too. You know what's the problem with singers nowadays? Like, JAY CHOU? (Sorry Ruoying and every other JAY-fan) They use SO THE MUCH effects in their music I simply cannot hear their voices. JAY CHOU worse, he mumbles. Ok, let's stop discussing about him, he's not worth our attention. OK LAH, he's not THAT bad. I just can't stand how he's so over-rated.

THE CHINESE BABES

Yup, quite the same description as of the ang moh babe CDs. I like Lee Wen, although some people find her abit over. She's got good vocals, and she sings cantonese songs. Cantonese songs are nice, and the only one I know how to sing happens to be hers.

Hanxiang also listens to Hokkien songs (the sadder the better, 才有味道), and oldies, both English and Chinese. Actually I don't know what I DON'T listen to. Ok, maybe heavy metal and techno. REALLY CANNOT TAKE THAT KIND. *headache*

DISNEY AND US, A Walk Down Memory Lane

1985

Apparently, this cartoon was released in the year when I was born. Must have been quite bad. You see ah, you can't have too many good things at one time. So since I was born then, the movie must have been quite lousy.

On-the-swing! I love swings, and I'm damn pro at swinging myself. Have yet to find someone who's good enough to challenge me. Baby Hanxiang not cute one right? All my relatives commented that I was an ugly baby. So sad hor?

1986

ANOTHER cartoon that I haven't watched before. And I call myself a cartoon fan?! Nvm, this just goes to show I'm not old enough. YAY!

Year of birth of sister, Hanxu. Everyone claims that I always bully her. BUT, LOOK! Who looks like the aggressor here? Quite obvious right? She was like that when she was a baby ok, imagine what she's capable of nowadays? Poor me.

I really got sayang my meimei one ok. Evidence!

1987

Snow White turns 50(plus whatever age she was when she starred in the show)! She's so sweet. Classic.

1989

Release of 'The Little Mermaid'. Her boyfriend(what's his name?) looks super gong here, but super cute too.

1991

Beauty and the Beast! "Tale as old as time.."

1992

Aladdin. Princess + Street Rat = Possibility, then Happily Ever After. I like the concept. Very nice.

Meimei Hanyan was born! Have you seen any baby as cute as her? Ok, leave Ned and Otis out of this. Yup, any challengers? COME! I've got 101% confidence in my sister!

1994

The Lion King. I never knew I can fall in love with a lion, but I DID. And all that nature. Are all those really drawn or what?

1995

Pocahontas. Strictly no racial discrimination. Racial discrimination reminds me of one of my coming papers, Critical Thinking. Ok, STOP. No unhappy stuff here. So very unDisney.

1996

The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Appearance is really not important if you look into the heart. But how many of us are able to achieve that? Stop thinking you can lah. GEI SIAO!

1997

Hercules, my hero! Luckily I don't have special interest in big muscles, if not I would have preferred the monster. Heng mann.. Hercules, MY HERO!

George of the Jungle. Remember the scene where George, wearing a white blouse and dark-colored long pants, played with the horses? Oh my.. I thought to myself then: THIS IS IT, from now on, I LOVE HORSES. Actually I really do. I always choose to be a horse in those personality tests when there's that question. WAH LAO, George looks so Asian!

Little brother, you're here! Bossy hor? Now you know why I'm never motivated to study? Because he gives me the feeling that he will feed me in the future. HAIYA, HIS FAULT.

Little Prince Charming going to look for his princess on his horsey. Sweet.

1998

Mulan. And Mushu. Look at Mulan's sian face. Mushu must be saying some nonsense again.

2001

Monster Inc. (energy running low)

Lilo and Stitch!!! Ok man, THIS IS IT. I'M, from now on, IN LOVE WITH ALIENS. Ok, wait. I can love both horses and aliens right? How can I resist one like Stitch?! Friends forever..

Reference:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/moviefinder/html/memorylane.html

If you're interested, check out this site to find out what happened for Disney when you were born. Many more films. Chosen ones are those I'm more familiar with.

Ok, that's it. This entry has been super taxing. I underestimated myself. I'm more random than I thought. *dies*

posted by hanxiang at 8:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: hanxiang

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • I Proudly Present To You.....
  • Bittersweet
  • I'm starting to be a nag
  • Muggers' Paradise
  • Specially for my PJC Vice-Cap, Mabel
  • Tra La La..
  • Glamour Shots of MISSION K-BABES
  • All good things come to an end..
  • I Love Today
  • Juicy Details!

Powered by Blogger