It's Weekend Again

Yup, it was a late birthday treat from Jia Jia and me to Zhenqin BUT, we're not guilty.
Why?
Because close-plus-supergood friends are not supposed to gei gao with each other right? Zhenqin, I didn't ask for your opinion so please shut up, thanks! Anyway I'm not a person who remembers birthdays, not because I don't care, but because my memory is really hopelessly bad. Thank god I've got Friendster for birthday reminders mann!
Anyway, after Jack's Place, we went over to Swensen's for ice-cream. And that's where we started to have some serious conversation which is super rare for the 3 of us if you've been reading my earlier entries. We're DA CRAPPERS! Woohoo.
So we started talking about our volleyball coach then whom Zhenqin HAD a major crush on (she got over him after our conversation that day) but was always rumoured to be having a scandal with me. It was only after our conversation that day did she stop having a grudge against me for having a scandal with Coach.
The reason was because she lost respect for Coach.
I met Coach to catch up and have dinner some time ago. We talked about how each other is getting on these days and things like that. He seemed so hard to fathom. Let's just say he always appear to be like that. Says everything half-way, gazes into the distance, leaving the point hanging there and confusing the listener(me) further.
HELLO?! Does he think he's a korean drama star too or what?!
Fast-forward to the conclusion of the conversation between me, Zhenqin and Jiajia, which was:
Some things are better left unknown. Like Coach, if I didn't decide to just let them know about how he's doing now, they might still be having that nearly-perfect impression they had of him before knowing the truth.
*sighs* Adulthood can sometimes be hard to handle. Being Coach's friend is harder than being his volleyball trainee. But whatever lah. I still maintain that the benefits of adulthood obviously outweigh its bad points.
-------------
We talked about other stuff too. Like our friendship.
I was telling them that as I grow older, I feel stronger the importance of the friends around me. Because these remaining friends are those that have decided to stay by me even until this point in life. We've known each other for like, 8 years already. We're what's left of our BPGHS girls' team. The others just.. started to come less for our meetings and finally disappeared altogether.
Zhenqin got quite agitated when we started talking about one of my girls who did the disappearing-act because Zhenqin's dinner invitations to her often get ignored.
As for me, I hardly get upset by such disappearances, to be honest. I guess it is just normal for some friends to leave you as time passes.
Maybe I'm cold-hearted. ANYWAY, the point is, THOSE WHO ARE STILL HERE, PLEASE HOLD THEM DEARLY, because these are the ones who have overcome the ups and downs with you and you've still decided to accept each other. Example: Zhenqin, although she's SIAO-er than me (Can you believe that?! but it's true.), I still love her so much.
Yup, so Jiajia and Zhenqin, GET THIS! I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO! You all most probably will be stuck with me for life liao. (Ok, please don't cry though I know you're damn touched.)
Maintaining friendships takes effort. Thank you ALL OF YOU who are willing to make that effort for me mannn!!! *BigBearHug*
27-5-06, Saturday
Beach Volleyball and, stuff!
Volleyball was lots of fun and laughter that day.
Fun because volleyball is always fun. Get this, ALWAYS! Warning: DO NOT disagree.
Laughter because Vincent volunteered to be The Joke of The Day without realising that he volunteered to be The Joke of The Day.
And I realised something. The sun REALLY seems to hide itself whenever I reach the beach! Told you all I'm a vampire lah. The sun knows that so it does what it should when it sees me. So nice. I love the sun!
After volleyball, we went our own ways because sister needed to get something from City Link. Our last destination was this Hong Kong cafe at Marina Square. Apart from the overly-chilly air-conditioning, the place seems like a nice place for friends to zo bo and talk rubbish. We decided to be aunties and got ourselves teh ping and kopi ping. FWAH! Nice! And the serving is BIG, 爽!

Cosy!
Supposed to pose for Hanxu to take picture but ended up still 偷笑. Alamak, cannot make it.
Anyway, I told you the serving is HUGE right?

Ok, take 2! Success finally. Got taitai-feel or not? Whoever says No will never be able to spike a volleyball properly! Wah, that's like the worst curse I can think of.
No, actually I don't want to be a taitai. I just want to look what I act. But I want to be a 排球高手! Ok, let's see how long I'll take. Hmm, maybe 872573 more years? *waits*
Can somebody help me? I'm hooked on iced kopi! I HAVE TO have it every night before I sleep. Isn't coffee supposed to keep people awake? *confused*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home